Friday 12 December 2014

Te Reo Maori me ona Tikanga at James Street School

So today I met again with our Principal Norah Schreiber.

As Lead Teacher for Te Reo Maori me ona Tikanga it is my responsibility to lead the Te Reo Maori Committee in order to meet our Charter goals and policies.  In 2011 Norah and I co-contructed our school's Maori Achievement Strategy, our Te Reo Maori me ona Tikanga Implementation Plan and our Two-yearly Te Reo Maori me ona Tikanga Foci Plan.

The aim of our meeting to-day was to reflect and revise these documents now that we are three years on since their implementation.

We have therefore made some additions to the M.A.S and I.P to include greater emphasis on Student Leadership, Well-being, Engagement and Hauora as well as fostering productive partnerships with students, whanau, teachers, school and community.

So we are all set now to continue teaching Te Reo Maori me ona Tikanga in 2015 with our updated documents which will be added to each teacher's resource Kete for future reference.

It was a productive, engaging and exciting meeting in regards to the future of Te Reo Maori me ona Tikanga at James Street School.


No comments:

Post a Comment